The Student Room Group

Starting new course at new uni year 1, after completing year with CPR

I wanted to clarify a few things ( well, its about my kids actually). They are currently doing their 1st year on a course at a uni they felt they had to go to due to some personal family reasons and had shared caring responsibilities however circumstances have now fortunately changed. During the course of the year however their studies were seriously compromised and they have CPR to demonstrate what impact there was, which I will present to student finance. Medical evidence, supporting letters and cover letters prepared also. Both of them have offers for the same course but at a fantastic university and will start year 1 again. Although they didn't technically withdraw from their current uni they have tried to scrape through as best they could. I was unsure whether they should apply as continuing students or a new application but after reading another thread it seems logical to: contact existing uni and arrange a withdrawal , ask uni to notify sfe with dates etc.. fill out new application for sfe year 1 and enclose CPR form, documents and evidence and fill out new dsa forms. Is this all correct? Thanks
Original post by WILLOWTREE98
I wanted to clarify a few things ( well, its about my kids actually). They are currently doing their 1st year on a course at a uni they felt they had to go to due to some personal family reasons and had shared caring responsibilities however circumstances have now fortunately changed. During the course of the year however their studies were seriously compromised and they have CPR to demonstrate what impact there was, which I will present to student finance. Medical evidence, supporting letters and cover letters prepared also. Both of them have offers for the same course but at a fantastic university and will start year 1 again. Although they didn't technically withdraw from their current uni they have tried to scrape through as best they could. I was unsure whether they should apply as continuing students or a new application but after reading another thread it seems logical to: contact existing uni and arrange a withdrawal , ask uni to notify sfe with dates etc.. fill out new application for sfe year 1 and enclose CPR form, documents and evidence and fill out new dsa forms. Is this all correct? Thanks

Hi there, are they withdrawing from their current course or are they transferring to the new university? Is their new university classing them as new or returning students? Thanks, Karen
They are completing their first year exams and the new university will be treating them as 'new' students, so it will not be a transfer.
(edited 1 year ago)
They are completing their first year exams and the new university will be treating them as 'new' students, so it will not be a transfer.

If they are being classed as a new student they would need to apply as a new student. Their current university would need to send a withdrawal notification to advise us they have withdrawn from that university to allow them to apply as a new student. Thanks, Karen
Original post by SFE Karen
If they are being classed as a new student they would need to apply as a new student. Their current university would need to send a withdrawal notification to advise us they have withdrawn from that university to allow them to apply as a new student. Thanks, Karen

Great, thank you for your reply.
Great, thank you for your reply.

You're welcome! If there is anything else we can help with in the future please don't hesitate to contact us. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending