The Student Room Group

Dissertation

How long do you think it would take to write a 7000 word qualitative content analysis dissertation ?
I’ve not written a dissertation at that length before, but my brother (who’s writing his undergrad dissertation which is 9000 words), began researching back in January (so for 2-3 months - it’s history so it involves a lot of reading) and is starting drafting now. In my experience from writing a few extended essays (3000-5000 words), they took me 2-3 weeks to draft and then another 2-3 weeks to polish up.
I recommend also planning it out into sections and writing those to then connect them afterwards, this breaks down the workload!! Hope this helps :smile:
Original post by Su16785
How long do you think it would take to write a 7000 word qualitative content analysis dissertation ?

It would depend, in part, on whether or not you've got all your data and analysed it yet. If you've done all of that using notes etc and it's only the physical job of typing it up, I'd say 2/3 days of approx 3 hours a day.
Now, if you haven't analysed your data yet, I'd say about a week minimum with 3/4 hours per day.

Hope this helps. I'm starting to write up my 9000 word dissertation on whether or not looking at still images of nature can make people feel happy.
As well as this, I have 4 other assessments!
My degree is Innovation and Skills for Social Change at Leeds Beckett.
Good luck mate!
Reply 3
Original post by Changemaker 3417
It would depend, in part, on whether or not you've got all your data and analysed it yet. If you've done all of that using notes etc and it's only the physical job of typing it up, I'd say 2/3 days of approx 3 hours a day.
Now, if you haven't analysed your data yet, I'd say about a week minimum with 3/4 hours per day.

Hope this helps. I'm starting to write up my 9000 word dissertation on whether or not looking at still images of nature can make people feel happy.
As well as this, I have 4 other assessments!
My degree is Innovation and Skills for Social Change at Leeds Beckett.
Good luck mate!

Hi I’m on 4500 words and I’m on my finding section

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending