The Student Room Group

What should I do? My friend hates me.

Hi, I need advice, please. I have had this friend who has always been so close to me and I hold her dearly to my heart, but ever since the new girl ( my cousin weirdly) transffered to my school, she has always been distant. She always hung out w/ her and never seemed to have enough time for me, whenever I asked her if we could hang out together, by ourselves she always says "It'll be awkward without (her)" but we've hung out several times w/ only eachother. She always called me ugly and always tried to make me feel bad about myselfs and put me down but when I confronted her she said "Chill its just a joke" which really hurt because even though it is a joke, doesn't mean that she could call me ugly but I never wanted to bring it up because I didn't want to seem like a pushover. Now she invited me to this gc with my cousin and her 2 of her friends and we started chatting then at night some day my cousin started saying how she was better than me, how she was smarter ( not true though, because I have a higher gpa than her and she needs a lot of tutoring) and how shes better than me and her and my family like her more than me and kept on trying to make me feel insignificant. Then her and my cousin started tag teaming and insulting me and when I insulted my cousin back she was like " Bro stop being so ******* sensitive" so apparently in her eyes its wrong to insult someone back? Please help me, I really need advice on what to do, the thing is we were all really close until my cousin transffered to my school then we started drifting apart. Please help.
This 'friend' and your cousin don't sound very nice. I would put energy into the friends that aren't insulting you instead. A true friend wouldn't be putting you down all the time, and if they want to be mean girls together then honestly I would just ignore them. You don't need to put up with that.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending