The Student Room Group

What to do for 6th form?

I’m currently in Northern Irish year 12 (so English year 11) and I hate the school I’m at. A typical all girls school, where everyone’s hit that age where if you aren’t in their clique then you are badmouthed, and I hate it.

I’m making my a-level decisions in 2 weeks (still not entirely sure what I’m doing but I’ll figure it out). I was thinking of moving to a school that is closer to home, because I go to school quite far away, but the only problem is that my only 3 school friends go to my current school and I don’t want to lose what I have with them. But should I really be sacrificing what little sanity I have left just to stay with 3 friends I may have no classes with? At the same time, I’m not very social, however I still make friends fine outside of school.

The other school I’m looking at has a horrible reputation for bullying, but i can’t find any other schools that I would be happy with my A-level choices in, so I have a very narrow number of schools I can apply to. College is out of the question too, because the only 2 near me offer such a low amount of a-level subjects that I also wouldn’t be happy with my choices.

I’m just really conflicted as to what I should do.
I don't think it is a good idea to stick around for the sake of your friends, you need to do what is best for you. You will likely make new friends wherever you end up going, and I wouldn't worry too much about the reputation on bullying unless you can actually prove what people are saying.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending