The Student Room Group

Stressed psychology student

Hi im starting to get stressed out about a Alevels I don’t know what to do
So I’ve got mocks for paper 3 psychology (relationships, schizophrenia addiction and issues and debates) after Easter I don’t know if i should revise for that or if i should revise for my actual paper 1 which is in about 40 days
I’ve only finished revising social influence fully and i am part way through memory but I don’t know if i should carry on finishing off memory and go on to psychopathology and attachment or if i should focus on paper 3 content so then i wont have to revise as much for the actual paper 3 exam
Please help im starting to get so stressed and whenever i just see Psychology i just start crying
I'm going through the same thing rn but i'm trying to mainly focus on paper 1 and 2 to bag most my marks in because the papers marks add up to give you final grade, so I noticed that if you miss like three 16 markers assuming you do well on other questions you still can get A/A*.

This is my advice, you don't have to follow it if it does not suit you well;]:

OVERALL:
- Focus on research methods because they can be integrated in your topic regardless and it is all topics, most people lose easy marks on it as well.
- Memorise at least 2 evaluations for sub-topics preferably one strength and one weakness, it helps than stressing to learn 3/4 for 16 markers. But in examiners reports, no ones recieved 16/16 on the real exam so two good evaluations can solidify at least 11/16.
Original post by Madz178
Hi im starting to get stressed out about a Alevels I don’t know what to do
So I’ve got mocks for paper 3 psychology (relationships, schizophrenia addiction and issues and debates) after Easter I don’t know if i should revise for that or if i should revise for my actual paper 1 which is in about 40 days
I’ve only finished revising social influence fully and i am part way through memory but I don’t know if i should carry on finishing off memory and go on to psychopathology and attachment or if i should focus on paper 3 content so then i wont have to revise as much for the actual paper 3 exam
Please help im starting to get so stressed and whenever i just see Psychology i just start crying

i am also in the same situation and i'd say focus on the real A Levels. Mock don't actually mean anything right now, it is just practise for the real exam. I feel like mocks are interfering with my revision timetable. Unless you can find a way to integrate paper 3 revision into your current paper 1 and 2 revision i'd say don't stress too much. Remember the final A Levels matter most not these little mocks. We aren't getting teacher assessed grades this time round.

Quick Reply

Latest