The Student Room Group

gift giving

i have 2 friends who im super close with , we usually dont give each other gifts for birthdays unless someone celebrates but since we are graduating this year i felt i had to get them something. they both happened to celebrate their birthdays and i put a lot of thought into getting them nice gifts. (all our birthdays are in the same month) however, for my birthday since i didnt celebrate, none of them got me anything and i feel bad about it since we all spoke about what we wanted and they told me they would get me something. i know i shouldnt have expected much but i feel disappointed. any advice?
Reply 1
Since this is a genuine friendship, I suggest you bring them happiness and gift them what they favor. Don't overthink it and never miss out on all the blessing.
aww i'm sorry that you felt a bit disappointed they didn't get you anything! i do think lots of people think that gifts nowadays are merely a response to a planned party / event, rather than simply to celebrate somebody's birthday.

i'm not sure how long ago your birthday was, but if they are your really close friends i'd say it's better to be honest and mention it to them - there's no point in bottling up feelings and words to your friends, especially if it's now eating away at you.

at the end of the day, the more important thing is how you feel when you are around your friends and how they act towards you but i completely understand how you may feel disappointed. i'm sure your friends did not mean to raise your hopes or anything, and probably figured that you were not that fussed about your birthday this year since you didn't plan anything - did they at least get you a card?
Original post by Anonymous
aww i'm sorry that you felt a bit disappointed they didn't get you anything! i do think lots of people think that gifts nowadays are merely a response to a planned party / event, rather than simply to celebrate somebody's birthday.

i'm not sure how long ago your birthday was, but if they are your really close friends i'd say it's better to be honest and mention it to them - there's no point in bottling up feelings and words to your friends, especially if it's now eating away at you.

at the end of the day, the more important thing is how you feel when you are around your friends and how they act towards you but i completely understand how you may feel disappointed. i'm sure your friends did not mean to raise your hopes or anything, and probably figured that you were not that fussed about your birthday this year since you didn't plan anything - did they at least get you a card?

nahh no card, but thank you this helped!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending