The Student Room Group

What should I do?

Christmas break is tomorrow, and my friend got me a gift she said I wanted to get her some snacks from dollar tree because I only had 9 dollars. My dad says no we can only go to family dollar (btw is soooo expensive there). I told him no because I can’t afford that. He told me he can’t stop at two places because he wants to play basketball. (Which I think is a little I mean really selfish) I left his car and asked my mom if she could take me she said no. Now it’s about 6:15 and I’m crying because I feel like a horrible friend not giving her a gift back. So should I show up to school tomorrow. Because I feel like it would be bad if I do show up without a gift.
Original post by Anomymouse8
Christmas break is tomorrow, and my friend got me a gift she said I wanted to get her some snacks from dollar tree because I only had 9 dollars. My dad says no we can only go to family dollar (btw is soooo expensive there). I told him no because I can’t afford that. He told me he can’t stop at two places because he wants to play basketball. (Which I think is a little I mean really selfish) I left his car and asked my mom if she could take me she said no. Now it’s about 6:15 and I’m crying because I feel like a horrible friend not giving her a gift back. So should I show up to school tomorrow. Because I feel like it would be bad if I do show up without a gift.

It sounds like a bit of a pickle you're in. You know, friendships are built on more than just gifts. It's about the connection and the effort you put in. Your friend will appreciate your presence and care more than anything else. Maybe try making a card or doing something thoughtful with what you have. As for showing up without a gift, your friend probably just wants to see you and spend time together. Trust me, that matters more than any present. You're a great friend, and the fact that you're worrying shows how much you care. Don't stress too much about it. Just being there will mean a lot to your friend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending