The Student Room Group

Will my A-Levels tarnish my chances at Oxford?

Hi, I want to apply to PPE at Oxford next year. I do maths, politics, product design and an EPQ. Oxford only recommends maths and an essay based subject, and I am predicted all A*, but I am concerned that universities may look at product design unfavourably. If so, what can I do to improve my chances?
I think you can apply, providing you have a solid personal statement justifying your interest in the degree & A-level maths & politics still align to the course.

It is reasonable for them to ask about this if you get an interview & you should be prepared to justify your interest in the degree as well as why you chose this A-level.

Id strongly recommend going to an open day before applying & asking the ppe team & admissions directly- as they can be more candid with off the record advice.

@Oxford Mum

Heres the Oxford subject info;
D7DE9315-129B-4269-8E4B-AE50837B1BAD.jpeg
Original post by mnot
I think you can apply, providing you have a solid personal statement justifying your interest in the degree & A-level maths & politics still align to the course.

It is reasonable for them to ask about this if you get an interview & you should be prepared to justify your interest in the degree as well as why you chose this A-level.

Id strongly recommend going to an open day before applying & asking the ppe team & admissions directly- as they can be more candid with off the record advice.

@Oxford Mum

Heres the Oxford subject info;
D7DE9315-129B-4269-8E4B-AE50837B1BAD.jpeg

I agree that it will be best to approach the college about the product design a level. Please bear in mind that ppe is an insanely competitive subject to get into Oxford for and whilst I am not saying don’t apply, the majority will be doing all rigorously academic essay based subjects

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending