The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham Accommodation 2023

I'm looking at accom for Birmingham (I'll hopefully be joining in September 2023) and was wondering how it works? Is it first come first served or anything?

I'm currently deciding between Oak Brook Park and Bournebrook. Are there any pros or cons for either and where would you recommend someone live in their 1st year? Thanks :smile:
Reply 1
Hiya, not sure where the best place to ask this would be but would you say Oak Brook Park misses out on the social events held at the Vale?

I’m have a conditional dentistry offer and can’t decided which accommodation would be better! Any help / thoughts would be much appreciated xx
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
Reply 2
I'm not sure, I'm thinking if there's any events at the Vale then I can always just go there lol. I'm thinking of choosing Selly Oak because it's closer to my building and I know I wouldn't have it in me to walk from the Vale everyday, especially in winter! I spoke to someone who goes to Birmingham and they said that it doesn't matter where you stay really, there'll be social events everywhere and you'll make friends regardless. So I wouldn't worry about missing out or anything :smile:
Original post by clearsky
I'm not sure, I'm thinking if there's any events at the Vale then I can always just go there lol. I'm thinking of choosing Selly Oak because it's closer to my building and I know I wouldn't have it in me to walk from the Vale everyday, especially in winter! I spoke to someone who goes to Birmingham and they said that it doesn't matter where you stay really, there'll be social events everywhere and you'll make friends regardless. So I wouldn't worry about missing out or anything :smile:

same here, selly oak is so so much closer to my building and i cba to trek it everyday :biggrin: and it just seems sm more convenient w food and shops and stuff tbh, on the offer holders day i heard not many 1st year UGs stay there bc they tend to move there in 2nd year but just appears way more practical imo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending