The Student Room Group

Oxbridge Obsessing

Hello all,

Having seen this website be very obsessed with Oxbridge I wanted to pose a question for humanities subjects.

Do applicants who obsess over oxbridge during year 12 get in?
Reply 1
No. Anyone can obsess over Oxbridge, even someone who isn't intelligent enough to get in. It's all about the grades and the extra-circular things you do to show your love for your chosen course.
Original post by t.p
No. Anyone can obsess over Oxbridge, even someone who isn't intelligent enough to get in. It's all about the grades and the extra-circular things you do to show your love for your chosen course.

But do peole who do that obsess over getting in- or would you say there is no correlation and merely just impacts the effect a rejection/acceptance has on the person
Original post by Crystalcreps
But do peole who do that obsess over getting in- or would you say there is no correlation and merely just impacts the effect a rejection/acceptance has on the person

I suppose "obsessing" might mean you are more enthused/passionate about the course and unis, but I dont think it's a direct correlation. Like I think it's more that if you obsess you are (PERHAPS) more passionate about the course and it is this passion that gets you in, not the direct fact you are obsessing. Its not like Oxbridge has some sort of machine that detects who around the country is obsessing the most and they give offers out to them.
Honestly no one really cares after you start work. I wouldn’t worry about it
Reply 5
I would say that someone who is 'obsessing' would have a higher chance as they would put more effort and gain more information through research as opposed to someone who may not be that interested.
Hello all,

Having seen this website be very obsessed with Oxbridge I wanted to pose a question for humanities subjects.

Do applicants who obsess over oxbridge during year 12 get in?

Those who have a strong application get in. Those who also have a backup plan that they feel excited about handle things better if they don't get in.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending