The Student Room Group

Failing Modules and non existent attendance.

I am a first year student studying computer science at Aston. I've only attendex the first ever lecture and never came back since . Right now i'm looking to only pass two modules. What do i do? I don't want to resit a year.
At this point resitting the year is probably the best case outcome - there's a very good chance they will just withdraw you from the course for non-engagement after not attending any lectures and then promptly failing everything.
Reply 2
Original post by artful_lounger
At this point resitting the year is probably the best case outcome - there's a very good chance they will just withdraw you from the course for non-engagement after not attending any lectures and then promptly failing everything.

I can still pass my two core modules but i just have a month till the exam
Original post by dhair_03
I can still pass my two core modules but i just have a month till the exam

Two out of how many?
Reply 4
Original post by artful_lounger
Two out of how many?

Out of the 6 remaining.I passed one normal module and submitted another. And failed two other ones.
Out of the 6 remaining.I passed one normal module and submitted another. And failed two other ones.

Like I said, being able to retake the year is probably going to be the best case scenario here, considering the very likely alternate scenario of you no longer being on the degree programme at all. Even if you have extenuating circumstances I would be surprised if you would be allowed to progress while passing at best half of your modules, and likely less than that.

You may want to focus on preparing for a resit year if you are offered that opportunity, and on approaching the resit year more deliberately and make a concerted effort to attend all timetabled sessions, at a minimum (which really is the bare minimum of what is expected of university students). If you do have extenuating circumstances, I strongly advise you to step back and think very carefully about whether they will be resolved in time for the new academic year - and if no to begin discussions about potential interruptions to your studies for a year to address that.

You may also want to think about what you will do if they do withdraw you from the programme.
Do they not have re sits in August
Reply 7
Original post by Jess_Lomas
Do they not have re sits in August

Not sure.
Reply 8
I am a first year student studying computer science at Aston. I've only attendex the first ever lecture and never came back since . Right now i'm looking to only pass two modules. What do i do? I don't want to resit a year.

Same university I just got a letter saying ‘you have failed substantial modules and the board of examiners may require you to leave course’ what ended up happening with you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending