The Student Room Group
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

What is a resit ?

Hi, I'm pretty sure that my child will have to do a resit at Exeter.

Is a resit, doing the same exam again or is it a totally different paper.

As he only could attempt 30% of the paper, he needed to get 22%, based on course work and had a general average of 64% or so - how is he ever going to pass this exam if it is a totally different paper ?

He says it is only the second year of this course and the teaching has been non-existent and he has no idea what to do.
Am exam resit wouldn't be the same paper that was taken originally, no. Not for any qualification. It would be based on the same syllabus / module, of course, but the questions would be entirely different.

You ask "how is he ever going to pass this exam if it is a totally different paper?" - well he will just have to revise, the same way he did the first time round.

It's no different from how the exam papers from 2022 are not the same as the ones from 2023, even though the module content remains the same.
If he just revises everything from his module, he'll be covered for whatever questions come up.

As for the teaching being non-existent, I suggest he takes that up with the staff at Exeter. I'm going to move this thread to a more suitable location now.
(edited 10 months ago)
Students at Cornwall campus, University of Exeter
University of Exeter
Exeter

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending