The Student Room Group

Working for someone i met at a dating event

hi,
I met this guy at a dating event and we flirted a little and he got my number
He said i can freelance for his company
I said if we freelance is it ok if we keep our relationship professional as we are working together and he put a like on my comment

do you think it is OK to freelance and work for someone who expressed prior interest in dating?
Personally I would never risk dating or any sexual activity with someone I work for.
Nor coworkers, clients, executives, suppliers or freelance contractors of the business paying me.
Then again, I won't consider dating housemates or friends either.
Original post by londonmyst
Personally I would never risk dating or any sexual activity with someone I work for.
Nor coworkers, clients, executives, suppliers or freelance contractors of the business paying me.
Then again, I won't consider dating housemates or friends either.

Did you read my message, we didn't date, we just met at a dating event and flirted a bit after. And then I asked if we would have a professional relationship if I worked for his business and he liked my comment... so we haven't actually dated just had some minor sexual interraction
Original post by stickylikehoney
Did you read my message, we didn't date, we just met at a dating event and flirted a bit after. And then I asked if we would have a professional relationship if I worked for his business and he liked my comment... so we haven't actually dated just had some minor sexual interraction

Yes, I read it.

Do you believe that he is being honest about intending to keep things entirely professional and platonic if you start freelancing for his business?

Go with your gut instinct on whether you believe that the guy is being completely honest with you and whether freelancing for his business could be very good for your career.
If the answer to both is yes, be prepared to have an experienced employment lawyer on speed dial if you ever get any unwanted sexual advances during working hours work or experience any sexual harassment from one of the staff members.

I'm a natural sceptic when it comes to the intentions of guys who try to hire a single woman that they are attracted to or have a history of any sexual interaction with.
Particularly when social media messaging or linkedin is involved.
Most of the time, it turns out to be a habit or a part of the work culture.
One that does not involve any platonic intentions on the guy's part, regardless of whether he is single or married.
Freelancing as what?
Original post by Joinedup
Freelancing as what?

Just some PR thing

Quick Reply

Latest