The Student Room Group

which uni should i firm? (for law)

So out of my 5 choices, I've received 3 offers for law from Durham (A*AA), Nottingham (AAA) and Lancaster (AAB) and my UCAS grades are A*A*A. I'm unsure of whether to firm Durham or Nottingham because there's pros and cons for both. I want to be in a vibrant city like Nottingham but it's ranked slightly lower than Durham, which I know probably really doesn't matter, but it's a factor to consider. Durham has more prestige I guess but I'm not sure if I'd enjoy the fact that Durham is quieter and farther away from everything. I've visited both, and I like both university wise but for some reason I'm feeling really indecisive on this choice and my parents aren't helping lol. Does anyone have any advice on how to pick/their experiences at either? I know it's such a silly question to ask but I thought I would anyway.

Thanks!
Reply 1
I would always go with Prestige - far easier to get jobs. Do your 3-4 years and then move to a vibrant city, where you will have a much better job. It's not like Durham is bad either - any university with large student population will have lots to offer.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending