The Student Room Group

firming university choices - law

i've now received all of my offers but I'm not sure which ones to firm and insure any help would be great!
my firm is definitely uni of Bristol where I received a contextual offer for law from A*AA down to AAB, and I also received the same contextual offer from Durham AAB again.
I wasn't originally expecting these contextual offers so I applied to uni of cardiff as an insurance uni which is AAB/ABB alongside an A in EPQ - which I have got. So, now I'm wondering is it really worth insuring cardiff as after further looking into the uni i think i made a big mistake applying!!
My dilemma is - would it be fine if i firmed bristol and insured durham despite them both being the same grades or should i play it extra safe and insure cardiff?
not sure if this made any sense but any advice would be great:smile:
Durham aren’t known for being a good insurance choice. Between the accommodation problems in the city and the fact that they’ve kept students waiting for a decision for weeks after results day in previous years they probably wouldn’t be a good insurance choice.

Have you visited Cardiff?
Reply 2
Original post by abiiorsamantha
i've now received all of my offers but I'm not sure which ones to firm and insure any help would be great!
my firm is definitely uni of Bristol where I received a contextual offer for law from A*AA down to AAB, and I also received the same contextual offer from Durham AAB again.
I wasn't originally expecting these contextual offers so I applied to uni of cardiff as an insurance uni which is AAB/ABB alongside an A in EPQ - which I have got. So, now I'm wondering is it really worth insuring cardiff as after further looking into the uni i think i made a big mistake applying!!
My dilemma is - would it be fine if i firmed bristol and insured durham despite them both being the same grades or should i play it extra safe and insure cardiff?
not sure if this made any sense but any advice would be great:smile:
Durham will most likely not accept you if you get below AAB, put cardiff instead. Bristol is more lenient on results day than durham as they have a larger student cohort.
Original post by PQ
Durham aren’t known for being a good insurance choice. Between the accommodation problems in the city and the fact that they’ve kept students waiting for a decision for weeks after results day in previous years they probably wouldn’t be a good insurance choice.
Have you visited Cardiff?
I did visit cardiff after putting it down as one of my options and it turned out I wasn't a fan of the law school in the slightest - which is why I'm so apprehensive to put it down as an insurance because I don't know if I'd go if I didn't get into my firm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending