The Student Room Group
University of York
York

Problems with first time logging in to student email - anyone else? Ideas what to do?

The joining instructions are horrid. I was able to get to the York Identity Manager (IDM) (but is that the same as my "IT Account"?) I can log into IDM fine and I already paid for the course.
They say in the joining instructions "you have your password" for the student email but I have never logged on before (or maybe I accidentally did because it keeps sending me to my standard google account???) but occasionally I get this option where it sends me to something ending in @york.ac.uk but then says "couldn't sign you in bc your sign in settings don't meet your organizations 2-step verification policy." It says I have to have this done by day 7 or it will delete itself??? It's day 4 and no one at IT is responding because of course they aren't. Suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen? I'm so confused. I have had nothing but problems with this online bit. Even when I was applying it deleted my application, wouldn't let me log back on so I had to email the admissions team my paperwork separately and that's how they accepted me. Now this. I'm losing confidence already and classes haven't even started. Help!
Original post by YorkMBA2023
The joining instructions are horrid. I was able to get to the York Identity Manager (IDM) (but is that the same as my "IT Account"?) I can log into IDM fine and I already paid for the course.
They say in the joining instructions "you have your password" for the student email but I have never logged on before (or maybe I accidentally did because it keeps sending me to my standard google account???) but occasionally I get this option where it sends me to something ending in @york.ac.uk but then says "couldn't sign you in bc your sign in settings don't meet your organizations 2-step verification policy." It says I have to have this done by day 7 or it will delete itself??? It's day 4 and no one at IT is responding because of course they aren't. Suggestions? Has anyone else had this happen? I'm so confused. I have had nothing but problems with this online bit. Even when I was applying it deleted my application, wouldn't let me log back on so I had to email the admissions team my paperwork separately and that's how they accepted me. Now this. I'm losing confidence already and classes haven't even started. Help!

Hi there,

I'm so sorry to hear you're having difficulties logging in. I've raised your issue with IT, so hopefully someone will be in touch with you soon.

Best wishes - Hannah :smile:
University of York
York

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending