The Student Room Group

Tesco Graduate Schemes 2024

The scheme just opened so I thought to start a conversation for those applying. Feel free to share what you are applying for and what stage you are at!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
HI I applied yesterday! and. I've done the Video interview. I got an insights email about my interview but haven't had anything else. What about you?
Original post by bobbooo
HI I applied yesterday! and. I've done the Video interview. I got an insights email about my interview but haven't had anything else. What about you?

I've passed the video interview stage and they said the next stage is to shortlist candidates for their discovery centres
Reply 3
Was going to apply until I see how far out it is from London, which is a shame.
Reply 4
Did you have to do 2 separate video interviews? I did my first one and passed, but now have to do a technical interview? This is for the cyber grad scheme btw.
Original post by Devildisaster
I've passed the video interview stage and they said the next stage is to shortlist candidates for their discovery centres
Original post by 511m046
Did you have to do 2 separate video interviews? I did my first one and passed, but now have to do a technical interview? This is for the cyber grad scheme btw.

yes I did
Reply 6
Ah ok, how did you find the 2nd one? kinda worried the questions are going to completely throw me off
yes I did
Original post by bobbooo

Hi! I applied for the Tesco Internship scheme - for the video interviews do we get multiple attempts for the questions? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by 511m046
Ah ok, how did you find the 2nd one? kinda worried the questions are going to completely throw me off

Yh the 2nd is definitely harder, you get 1 attempt so you can’t re-record and it’s more about the role, like why this, what qualities makes a great x role and such.
Reply 9
Oh thank you! Definitely expected some technical questions testing your knowledge on the subject. Do you remember roughly how many questions they asked?
Yh the 2nd is definitely harder, you get 1 attempt so you can’t re-record and it’s more about the role, like why this, what qualities makes a great x role and such.
Hi, does anyone know if you can re-record your answer in the video interview?
Original post by hufieeiwhfihf
Hi, does anyone know if you can re-record your answer in the video interview?

You do get 2 attempts for the interview. But if you choose to redo your answer, you have to use that one

This is for the grad scheme btw, not sure about internship
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by Minni4me129
You do get 2 attempts for the interview. But if you choose to redo your answer, you have to use that one

This is for the grad scheme btw, not sure about internship

Thank you so much!
Hi does Tesco sponser for Tier 2 work visa?
Reply 14
Original post by amz31
Was going to apply until I see how far out it is from London, which is a shame.

it is quite far from London yea. probably relocation or commuting if lucky to be hybrid will be needed. From some parts of north London, its not too bad commuting by train.
Reply 15
Original post by applecider226
Hi does Tesco sponser for Tier 2 work visa?

Depending which scheme, they do or don't accept. According to their site, they accept graduate and student visa (for gradate and internships schemes) and these need to be valid throughout the scheme time period. I don't think they sponsor visas to come into the UK and work if you are not already here. Might be worth contacting them to find out though.
Reply 16
(Original post by bobbooo)HI I applied yesterday! and. I've done the Video interview. I got an insights email about my interview but haven't had anything else. What about you?

Original post by 511m046

Perhaps this is tech grad specific. no second interview so far that I've seen.
Reply 17
Original post by bobbooo

Hi! Same stage as you. Looks like it could take some time for them to go through the shortlisting.
Original post by 511m046
Oh thank you! Definitely expected some technical questions testing your knowledge on the subject. Do you remember roughly how many questions they asked?

I think it was 3, but it'll tell you before you do the recording
Reply 19
Is anyones dashboard still showing the gamified assessment even though they have passed and have been invited to the interview

Quick Reply

Latest