The Student Room Group

Education 2030 - what is it all about?

As the world is constantly developing, so should we. However, in order to achieve it we need adequate means and occasions. That is why a new course structure called Education 2030 has been introduced recently and has substituted the existing teaching at some universities.

The main goals are to deliver education that meets the needs of a future and changing world and to help students set, follow, and reach their goals. Before you ask, let me tell you how. Students are taught in a focused block format, meaning that one or two subjects are covered at a time instead of several at once. One block lasts seven weeks and finishes with an assessment before moving on to the next one. Thus, students receive quicker feedback and no longer have to revisit knowledge from multiple modules for the summer assessments.

“Nah, it is too good to be true,” I said when I first heard about Education 2030. However, De Montfort University (DMU) has already proven that it is popular and appreciated among students. Data obtained from first-year undergraduates, who have been receiving a ‘block’ teaching, has demonstrated that 93% of them enjoyed studying one subject at a time, and 90% expressed satisfaction with choosing DMU.

Where do such promising statistics come from? Through Education 2030, students are able to closely focus their attention and dedicate more time to each subject, teacher contact time is increased, and timetables can be focused. That leads to a better university-life balance allowing one to experience and engage in all aspects of student life. Therefore, students are given the opportunity to easily make the most of this time.

What is your opinion on Education 2030? Do you think it is better or worse than the existing teaching structure?

You can also listen to other people discussing the idea here.

If you have more questions regarding Education 2030, do not hesitate to ask!

I hope it was helpful :h:

Take care,

Julia

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending