The Student Room Group

Graduate entry medicine maintenance loan

Does anyone know if you are entitled to maintenance loan for graduate entry medicine? Is there a lower amount? Is it for every year of the graduate course or just a few years? I believe you are entitled to tuition fees paid by the student finance for the course, but not sure about maintenance loan.
Original post by ESTAR1234
Does anyone know if you are entitled to maintenance loan for graduate entry medicine? Is there a lower amount? Is it for every year of the graduate course or just a few years? I believe you are entitled to tuition fees paid by the student finance for the course, but not sure about maintenance loan.

Hi there,

I have provided the entitlement for graduate entry medicine courses.

Tuition Fee Loan

Year 1 The student will have to self fund the first £3,465, however a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,785.

Years 2-4 - The first £3,715 will be paid by the Department of Health and a tuition fee loan will be available for the remainder of up to £5,535.

Maintenance Funding
Year 1 The student can apply for a Full Means Tested Maintenance Loan and Supplementary Grants, They are not eligible for a Maintenance Grant.

Years 2-4 The student can apply for the Income Assessed NHS Bursary and Supplementary Grants from the NHS. They can only apply to SFE for a Reduced Rate Maintenance Loan.

Thanks, Clare

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending