The Student Room Group

16 and i am an A cup.

I am super insecure about the fact that I am an A cup I hate it. I get made fun of at school sometimes and I see girls with bigger busts that are proportionate to their body shape and I feel ugly. In a way, I am okay with it bc of the fact I have a small waist big hips, and ass, but the fact that I have small boobs makes me hate my body.
Hey there, I don't know how helpful this is but I just want to say that you are an amazing individual! I get what you mean with insecurity. Everyone suffers from some kind of it and that is perfectly human!! Honestly the people who are making fun at you are probably just insecure about themselves that to relief themselves of that pain they target individuals that stand out in their standards. Our beauty standards are so warped and changes frequently. (it is kinda crazy). Things that were considered 'ugly' a few months ago are now so trendy. The thing that really matters is about your beautiful nature. I used to be insecure about my height, I am 16 too!! (and I'm only 157cm - which very small since the girls in my school are wayyy taller than me). I used to be friends with someone who used to belittle me with my height always measuring me every single day and comparing me to her - it used to get on my nerves so hard that I used to stuff tissue in the soles of my shoes to elevate my height. But it was useless. It still didn't change that I am short. You know what I did with that friend? Cut her off. There was no point in me wasting my time on one individual when I have my life to get along with. I found a new wave of friends who are the most loving.

I know this advice isn't the best, but I hope you did find something in there helpful
<3
Reply 2
Original post by Atx.Savvy_16
I am super insecure about the fact that I am an A cup I hate it. I get made fun of at school sometimes and I see girls with bigger busts that are proportionate to their body shape and I feel ugly. In a way, I am okay with it bc of the fact I have a small waist big hips, and ass, but the fact that I have small boobs makes me hate my body.

Facing idiots like that in school is just a phase you have to go through, but in the future, you'll look back at this phase and laugh at it. I have gone through that phase (in a way) and survived to tell the story lol. Focus on the things/activities/skills that make you feel good and confident about yourself.
Reply 3
Original post by scammed2myheart
Hey there, I don't know how helpful this is but I just want to say that you are an amazing individual! I get what you mean with insecurity. Everyone suffers from some kind of it and that is perfectly human!! Honestly the people who are making fun at you are probably just insecure about themselves that to relief themselves of that pain they target individuals that stand out in their standards. Our beauty standards are so warped and changes frequently. (it is kinda crazy). Things that were considered 'ugly' a few months ago are now so trendy. The thing that really matters is about your beautiful nature. I used to be insecure about my height, I am 16 too!! (and I'm only 157cm - which very small since the girls in my school are wayyy taller than me). I used to be friends with someone who used to belittle me with my height always measuring me every single day and comparing me to her - it used to get on my nerves so hard that I used to stuff tissue in the soles of my shoes to elevate my height. But it was useless. It still didn't change that I am short. You know what I did with that friend? Cut her off. There was no point in me wasting my time on one individual when I have my life to get along with. I found a new wave of friends who are the most loving.

I know this advice isn't the best, but I hope you did find something in there helpful
<3

You have nothing to worry about anyway. As far as I know, petite women are lucky because there's a much bigger pool of people who would find them attractive. No matter how "short", walk tall!
<3

Very good advice and impressive wisdom at just sixteen. Takes a lot of people many years to reach these conclusions.🙂
Original post by Atx.Savvy_16

Sixteen is tough and I would not re-live it if I could time travel. I’m older and wiser now and I’ll share what I’ve learnt.

Many teens and women in their twenties etc who allow themselves to live under the ‘Male Gaze’ are ultra-competitive for attention for their physical ’assets’ which they analyse and catalogue. Many literally reduce their reason for being to ‘likes’. They base their self-worth on external approval. The endless selfies, pouting and posting are symptoms of this. It’s desperate. Mentally healthy people don’t do it. They don’t need to.

Their crap is such a massive freaking waste of time and energy. I get that it’s also very difficult to separate yourself from it if it’s in your face all day long, at school, college and on social media.
Your perception of your physical attractiveness is a really unreliable source of self-esteem; it’s temporary and many things beyond your control could jeopardise it, eg a facial injury, illness, aging, or a change in financial circumstances. What then?

It’s really hard, but you have a choice. Subscribe to this BS or don’t. You can make your own choices about what is important and what you think and believe.

Put your energy and intelligence into things that matter. Read, learn, work, travel. Honour your body and take care of it; learn about health, nutrition and exercise. Focus on building a life that matters right now, because it goes by very fast and every decision we make takes us towards or away from a goal. Set challenges for yourself. Build resilience because it’s what will see you through your life. Become a Wise Woman.

You won’t know these particular idiots in five years, but there will be other groups just the same as you go along. You’ll get good at recognising the criteria for being in their crappy squads and give them a swerve.
Original post by MissTeee
Very good advice and impressive wisdom at just sixteen. Takes a lot of people many years to reach these conclusions.🙂

Thank you so much, I am 17 now and its crazy how much learning I have done. Basically update the girl that was belittling me is now my friend now because she changed and genuinely apologised for it and I forgave her for it.
Thank you so much, I am 17 now and its crazy how much learning I have done. Basically update the girl that was belittling me is now my friend now because she changed and genuinely apologised for it and I forgave her for it.

You sound like you have real emotional intelligence and resilience. These are the true secret weapons of life. 🙂

Quick Reply

Latest