The Student Room Group

oxford, lse or ucl law?

does it matter what offer i accept?
Oxford then lse or ucl
Matter in what context? Job prospects are going to be similar between them (and still largely dependent on you and what relevant work experience, vacation schemes etc you have picked up during your degree). Academically they are roughly on par although one may be better than another in some particular area, and the teaching format at Oxford is unique among the three.

Another factor to consider are that at LSE and UCL are both in London and thus would entail living in London and all its costs. There's a good chance you will be spending a huge amount on rent and transport while living in a shoebox 45 minutes commute away from the uni after first year! However both also may permit you to take "outside modules" in other subjects than law, which you can't at Oxford typically I gather.
(edited 1 year ago)
pretty much the same academic-wise
Original post by user111111202
does it matter what offer i accept?

Which course do you prefer? Personally I'd go with Oxford because London is expensive to live in.
Original post by Muttley79
Which course do you prefer? Personally I'd go with Oxford because London is expensive to live in.

if i were to go to a london uni i would live at home and commute, which i honestly don't mind. coursewise i'm not fully sure, but i like the idea of taking modules outside of law as well... but then i feel like i would forever regret not firming oxford
Original post by user111111202
if i were to go to a london uni i would live at home and commute, which i honestly don't mind. coursewise i'm not fully sure, but i like the idea of taking modules outside of law as well... but then i feel like i would forever regret not firming oxford

I rejected my Oxford offer for Maths - it's never held me back. Law may well be different if you want to aim for a top firm.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending