The Student Room Group

Choosing university

Which university has best uni life/ student satisfaction according to you guys? I'm finding it hard to decide whether to go to the uni of Edinburgh or Glasgow for MEng mechanical engineering. The campus+labs look better in Glasgow but the overall vibes are better in Edinburgh. Let me know your experiences.
Both are great unis. go to the open days and check out the feel of each university first hand.
Original post by TamTheTall
Which university has best uni life/ student satisfaction according to you guys? I'm finding it hard to decide whether to go to the uni of Edinburgh or Glasgow for MEng mechanical engineering. The campus+labs look better in Glasgow but the overall vibes are better in Edinburgh. Let me know your experiences.

Hi there

I would definitely recommend making a pros and cons list to help you decide which university to firm and insure. I personally found this helpful when I was choosing my uni. I created a spreadsheet with factors that were important to me e.g. distance from home, which supermarkets were near, student ratings (StudentCrowd is quite good for that), which course structure i preferred (I read the module outlines for each course in detail), what the accommodation is like, which uni has better facilities, what the student union is like, have there been many strikes/boycotts in recent years etc.
If you can attend an offer holder open day then I would definitely recommend it as its the best way to get a feel of what a uni is like. When I visited Kent I could see myself living and study there so make sure its somewhere you really like because at the end of the day you will be living there for the next 3/4 years not just studying. Hope this helps

Best of luck with your decision

Joanna
Uni of Kent Rep

Hi !

Just wanted to pop in here to help you with your question .I'm a Chemical Engineering student at Lancaster University .I would say that going for offer holder events /open days are quite useful in making your decision as you will definitely get a feel of the university and its campus /area. It's definitely important to look at every aspect such as housing ,cost of living , commute either from uni to accom or uni back home if that's a priority for you .I personally chose the Lancaster because of the campus ,I really loved it and my decision was quite clear as I could see myself enjoying my uni life .If everything has been taken into account ,like what Joanna said making a pros /cons list doesnt hurt.Hopefully this helps !

Yamini
Lancaster Uni FST Student Ambassador

Hi there,
I agree with the other posters, attending any offer holder open days would be a great way to get a feel for the campus and understand the facilities available for your course. It may be worth looking at survey results on student satisfaction and considering the wider student experience (e.g. student accommodation, graduate prospects).

Hope this helps!

- Sophie

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending