Original post by dianaemerald03
I dont know how to start this but
Is it pointless to carry these things on ti apply in my cv
I want to study law or something with IT but I'm rlly indecisive
OK so it is
Swimming
Air cadets
I am also learning Italian and already know Spanish as I am colombian

It is not pointless to include these activities in your CV, as they can showcase your diverse skills and interests.

Swimming and participation in Air Cadets demonstrate that you have an interest in physical fitness and team-oriented activities. These can be useful qualities in a professional environment, as they show discipline, leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.

Your proficiency in Spanish and learning Italian can also be valuable assets, as they demonstrate language skills that could be useful in a variety of professional contexts, including in law or IT.

When applying to study law or IT, consider how your experiences and skills can be relevant to the field. For example, participation in Air Cadets could demonstrate leadership potential, which is important in many areas of law and IT. Knowing multiple languages could also be an asset in a globalized workplace, as many law and IT firms work with clients and colleagues from different countries.

Ultimately, including these activities in your CV can help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your unique strengths and interests.
Original post by dianaemerald03
I dont know how to start this but
Is it pointless to carry these things on ti apply in my cv
I want to study law or something with IT but I'm rlly indecisive
OK so it is
Swimming
Air cadets
I am also learning Italian and already know Spanish as I am colombian

First of all, a CV isn't a single, fixed document. A CV isa document that you write in response to a specific job advert, so it is tailored to that job. You aren't applying for a job in law or IT at the moment, so that's irrelevant. You might be trying to get part-time retail work or similar and that's what your CV is about for now.

Second, a CV is created to demonstrate skills, not necessarily experiences. So it is not that you are an Air Cadet, or go swimming or speak Italian or Spanish that is of direct interest to an employer, it's what relevant skills they allow you to show. So cadets for example, will allow you to give examples of leadership, teamwork, good time-keeping, discipline, rule following etc.

So the trick is to think about specific skills, and what employers are asking for in specific jobs you might apply for, and then see how you can give evidence of having those skills through what you do in life.
Original post by Curious_Bilawi
It is not pointless to include these activities in your CV, as they can showcase your diverse skills and interests.

Swimming and participation in Air Cadets demonstrate that you have an interest in physical fitness and team-oriented activities. These can be useful qualities in a professional environment, as they show discipline, leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively with others.

Your proficiency in Spanish and learning Italian can also be valuable assets, as they demonstrate language skills that could be useful in a variety of professional contexts, including in law or IT.

When applying to study law or IT, consider how your experiences and skills can be relevant to the field. For example, participation in Air Cadets could demonstrate leadership potential, which is important in many areas of law and IT. Knowing multiple languages could also be an asset in a globalized workplace, as many law and IT firms work with clients and colleagues from different countries.

Ultimately, including these activities in your CV can help you stand out from other applicants and demonstrate your unique strengths and interests.

Wow thanks for the comment this helped me
Original post by threeportdrift
First of all, a CV isn't a single, fixed document. A CV isa document that you write in response to a specific job advert, so it is tailored to that job. You aren't applying for a job in law or IT at the moment, so that's irrelevant. You might be trying to get part-time retail work or similar and that's what your CV is about for now.

Second, a CV is created to demonstrate skills, not necessarily experiences. So it is not that you are an Air Cadet, or go swimming or speak Italian or Spanish that is of direct interest to an employer, it's what relevant skills they allow you to show. So cadets for example, will allow you to give examples of leadership, teamwork, good time-keeping, discipline, rule following etc.

So the trick is to think about specific skills, and what employers are asking for in specific jobs you might apply for, and then see how you can give evidence of having those skills through what you do in life.

Thank you uuuu for clearing it up!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending