The Student Room Group

HELP: Grad Scheme Interview!

I have an interview for a grad scheme. Prior to this, the application process involved a video interview, assessment and an answer for why I think I am a suitable applicant.

Now, I'm thinking whether it would be a good impression to print my CV with all my relevant experience and had it out to the panel of interviewers before the interview, or would that be considered inappropriate or unprofessional?

I only thought of this because my interviewers don't know much about me, so I thought giving them my CV would be a professional way to pre-introduce myself at the interview.

Thought or any experiences of this?
Original post by moonstones
I have an interview for a grad scheme. Prior to this, the application process involved a video interview, assessment and an answer for why I think I am a suitable applicant.

Now, I'm thinking whether it would be a good impression to print my CV with all my relevant experience and had it out to the panel of interviewers before the interview, or would that be considered inappropriate or unprofessional?

I only thought of this because my interviewers don't know much about me, so I thought giving them my CV would be a professional way to pre-introduce myself at the interview.

Thought or any experiences of this?

I just want to start by saying that I don't have any proper experience with a grad scheme interview, but I did ask some people that I know are currently in graduate schemes about their experience to help with your situation.

From my understanding, since you have applied for the opportunity to have an interview you would have sent some documents to help identify who you are, whether this be an application including a CV or a reference. In that sense, I would imagine that the panel of interviewers would have been provided with some information regarding the interviewee they would be meeting on the day. With that said, from what I garnered it would not be inappropriate to provide them with a CV during the interview, but it is just not normally expected from the interviewee, unless explicitly mentioned beforehand.

But since you are planning to use your CV to further the panel's introduction to you as an individual, there should be no harm in providing them with that document. However, it would be good to clarify with the university support team if you would be required to provide any further documents during the interview or not, then decide on whether you would like to provide them with your CV or not afterward.

I hope this helps!!

Derrick

Quick Reply

Latest