The Student Room Group

Best Uni to study marketing

a lot of websites are saying different things but based onthe opinion of people who've studied Marketing what would you say are the top 10 best uni to study marketing specifically a bachelor's degree
Original post by Emmanity
a lot of websites are saying different things but based onthe opinion of people who've studied Marketing what would you say are the top 10 best uni to study marketing specifically a bachelor's degree

The concept of "best" varies from person to person.

Some are all about the course and the modules it contains. Others are more interested in graduate prospects or student satisfaction. Some might want a campus or city university, near to home or far from home, with a good social scene or somewhere more studious. The sports facilities and accommodation might be if great interest to you, but not to someone else.

What do you mean when you use the word "best"?
Reply 2
Original post by DataVenia
The concept of "best" varies from person to person.

Some are all about the course and the modules it contains. Others are more interested in graduate prospects or student satisfaction. Some might want a campus or city university, near to home or far from home, with a good social scene or somewhere more studious. The sports facilities and accommodation might be if great interest to you, but not to someone else.

What do you mean when you use the word "best"?

Thank you for replying and explaining it better so think for me I'm more concerned about graduate prospects
Thank you for replying and explaining it better so think for me I'm more concerned about graduate prospects

Understood. A good source of information about graduate prospects is the Graduate Outcomes survey undertaken by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA). There's a load of data available on the HESA web site here - too much data in reality. It's much more easily digestible elsewhere.

For example, it's one of the factors used to build the Complete University Guide's league tables. We can look at the data they have for Marketing degrees, sorted by "graduate prospects outcomes" ("A measure of the success in employability or further study of graduates completing their first degree") here.

If we do that, we see the top 10 (according to that one measure) as follows:

University of Bath
University of Exeter
University of Southampton
University of Huddersfield
University of Worcester
University of Strathclyde
University of Reading
University of Leeds
University of Liverpool
Aberystwyth University

Another good source of similar information is The Uni Guide. It shows the details, per university and per course:

average annual salary six months after graduation,
percentage employed or in further education six months after graduation, and
median earnings one, three and five years after graduating.

Having now re-read the original post, I realise that you were actually looking for "the opinion of people who've studied Marketing". This data is clearly not that! Sorry.
Reply 4
Thank you very much for your reply it was still a great answer and I definitely would be using this information

Hey @Emmanity,

I would agree with @DataVenia above, as what is defined as 'best' will differ depending on what you are looking for.

Unfortunately I don't study Marketing myself, however, we do have some specific blogs on Consumer Marketing from students at Reading which may be useful to understand what it is really like studying here.
We also have a business management course with a marketing pathway available, which you can find out more information about here. There's lots of options to do placement years too if you'd like to start looking into gaining experience whilst you're in university, with plenty of great links with companies such as BMW, Disney, L'Oreal and many more. Being close to London and being home to the well-established Henley Business School, makes it more accessible to network with the companies of your choice.
Our Marketing courses are also accredited by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM).

It is important to look at all of the factors when choosing your university, as your experience will be shaped by the factors that are most important to you, rather than what league tables say!

If you have any questions, please let us know. Good luck!!

Skye :smile:
3rd Year Speech and Language Therapy Student

Hi @Emmanity

I can see we are mentioned by @DataVenia above, we have a few courses in marketing such as: Marketing BA, Business and Digital Marketing Management, Business and Marketing and finally Digital Marketing BSc.

In terms of career prospects, we have a heavy focus on placements to ensure our graduates are ready for their career with both knowledge and practical experience. For this course, we have excellent links with many companies that are keen to recruit our students such as the NHS, Cummins, Enterprise Rent-A-Car, Unilever, and PwC as well as relationships with many local employers.

It's all well and good for us to be telling you all these things but if you want to hear it from one of our students- check our Tom's blog- he talks about the process of getting ready for a placement year and what he learned on it: https://blogs.hud.ac.uk/students/work-placements/xtra-mile-marketing/

Best wishes,
Lewis

Social Media and Content Officer,
University of Huddersfield

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending