The Student Room Group

Personal Statement for Film and Philosophy

Hey.
I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement but I'm struggling because my course is for 2 subjects, film and philosophy. I also have no prior study history for philosophy but I have a real keen interest in the subject.
The unis I'm applying for are:
Philosophy with Film - Uni of Hertfordshire
Film Studies with Philosophy - Royal Holloway
Film and TV and Philosophy - Nottingham Trent Uni
Filmmaking - Birmingham City University
Film Studies - Uni of Greenwich
Original post by elikilua
Hey.
I am currently in the process of writing my personal statement but I'm struggling because my course is for 2 subjects, film and philosophy. I also have no prior study history for philosophy but I have a real keen interest in the subject.
The unis I'm applying for are:
Philosophy with Film - Uni of Hertfordshire
Film Studies with Philosophy - Royal Holloway
Film and TV and Philosophy - Nottingham Trent Uni
Filmmaking - Birmingham City University
Film Studies - Uni of Greenwich

Hi there,
We're so pleased you're considering Herts 🙂
We wanted to let you know about a couple of events we have coming up that will help with writing your personal statement: Our open day is taking place this coming Saturday 25 November if you wanted to come along and talk to our philosophy course leaders - the philosophy subject session still has spaces and you can book here.
We're also holding a virtual open day on Wednesday 13 December from 4pm and this includes a session dedicated to personal statements and the application process - you can book for the virtual open day here.
Hopefully, you can make one (or even both!) of these for some tips and guidance. We totally understand that writing a personal statement can be overwhelming and hope we can meet you at one of our upcoming events to offer some support.
All the best,
Gaynor
Marketing and Communications Team
Hello there,

Thanks for considering studying at Royal Holloway for Film Studies with Philosophy!

We have a wealth of personal statement advice and guidance for you on our website - here are a couple of links which we hope you will find useful:

The 'Personal Statement' drop-down option on this page has links to a resource pack, fact sheet, videos, a Personal Statement template and more

We also have an Online Open Day coming up next week on Wednesday 29 November where you can join Film Studies and Philosophy departmental sessions with academics, as well as a Q&A with our Student Recruitment team where you can ask any questions you have about Personal Statements and much more. You can view the full schedule here and book your place here.

I hope this helps - wishing you the best of luck with your Personal Statement and application :smile:

Best wishes,
Alexia
Marketing and Communications

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending