The Student Room Group

Chances of getting accomodation in non guaranteed? (Bristol)

Dumbass me searched up the accomodation deadline for Bristol and misread the 17th of August (which is the starting date for non-guaranteed accomodation applications). So now I got no guaranteed accomodation for Bristol (if i'm accepted there). What should I do? Should I look for dorms outside the Uni? Or do you usually get accomodation from non-guaranteed?
Reply 1
Last couple of years accommodation at Bristol has been pretty competitive because they oversubscribed courses during/just after covid so hopefully that has died down. Maybe email to ask what the chances of you getting accommodation are? Not much point looking now as you don't know whether you have a place and probably won't make much difference if you look now versus in a few weeks. Bristol is pretty expensive for accommodation so bear that in mind too when looking for places- somewhere like Gloucester road, St. Andrews normally a bit cheaper but still relatively close to the Uni. City centre is probably intermediate for price and then places like Clifton and around Whiteladies Road are normally the most expensive.
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Solaris_21
Dumbass me searched up the accomodation deadline for Bristol and misread the 17th of August (which is the starting date for non-guaranteed accomodation applications). So now I got no guaranteed accomodation for Bristol (if i'm accepted there). What should I do? Should I look for dorms outside the Uni? Or do you usually get accomodation from non-guaranteed?

hi! can i ask what happened—were you assigned accommodation or not? did you receive any other updates from the university?
Reply 3
Original post by ar05555
hi! can i ask what happened—were you assigned accommodation or not? did you receive any other updates from the university?

Uni keeps sending me emails every now and again saying that they don't have accomodation for me yet but they will tell me if they find some :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending