The Student Room Group

Misherable Life

Basically not allowed to drink at uni. Going uni this year BTW in London.

Im scared I wont have the best experience.

OFC I wont but wanna get the max out of it in line with my situation.

My parents wont allow me due to religious reason. But I think that is my personal business if I want to or not so not rly a relgious reason, parent reasons I believe.

I will try but cant risk it though. I will go to important events but cant do it regulary, and kinda got a curfew of 1AM.

Also I wanna build a long-term relationship at uni with someone who shares the same similarity as me.

But the thing is that Im not tryna be picky but I actually have a type. As a person from Afghanistan I like European/English girls. There's also anothing thing is that I dont have a lot of time left. My parents will plan on me getting married at 25. Right now I am 18 and tbh that's quite close to find a long term partner.

Long story short is this possible. Will things work out for me. OFC I will have to try a lot, but is there a point.

Maybe not in my first year at uni but maybe 2nd and meet someone from 1st.
Reply 1
any advise ???
Lots of students dont drink at uni and have a great time so not being able to drink should not be a game stopper.
Harder to predict if you will find someone special at uni - especially if you have a type. You need to have a discussion with your parents about your needs and how that may conflict with their expectations.
Cant rly.

They are going to say I am immature and too young. LOL. They say I must marry from my own country.

But yh Im open to people from my own country if I find one at uni, european and english.

Its just those one I feel like I will have a good vibe with.

I literally dont know ???

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending