The Student Room Group

Do I stand a chance for an offer?

Hi all, I would like to know if I stand any chance whatsoever for unis like UCL/KCL/LSE etc for a law course!

I have A*A*A* predicted in my A levels (Accounting, Business and Law). Got all A in my As levels. Gcse at 55566678 (sat gcse in 2022, came to the country in 2021 while COVID, with mediocre/low educational standard hence knowing just the fundamentals of English).
Hello! You need the go to the university websites and search for the law courses. If you go to the “Entry Requirements” sections, you will be able to see what grades you need to get onto the course. I’d also advise you to have a look at some exemplar personal statements for those universities so that you can get a feel for what you should write on your application. Good luck!
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anonymous.alp
Hi all, I would like to know if I stand any chance whatsoever for unis like UCL/KCL/LSE etc for a law course!

I have A*A*A* predicted in my A levels (Accounting, Business and Law). Got all A in my As levels. Gcse at 55566678 (sat gcse in 2022, came to the country in 2021 while COVID, with mediocre/low educational standard hence knowing just the fundamentals of English).

Realistically your GCSEs are low for those universities. However your referee should explain the reason for your lower grades and why your predictions are so much higher as on face value it would appear your predictions are excessive.

These universities will require high marks in LNAT so you will need to take that.

I wouldnt risk more than 2 of these universities. Universities in London tend to be massively oversubscribed so at having a few less competitive universities outside of London.
Original post by Anonymous.alp

To put it into perspective, I have applied to all those unis this year with 3 A*s predicted, 6 9s and 6 8s at GCSE, got 29 in the LNAT, but got rejected from both UCL and KCL. So take from that what you will, but it seems that these London unis prefer to take in a lot of international students, and prioritise contextual offers, leaving a dearth of spaces for home applicants. However, if you get 30 or above in the LNAT, it would be worth applying since I know a few people that got offers early on with a high LNAT.
Applying to that many London Unis is risky - they are ludicrously competitive and you may not get an offer from any of them even with top grades. Btw, they are not 'better' than any other top Unis for Law - they just have the supposed glamour of being in London, hence the silly number of applications.

Two London choices is just about okay - but look at Unis like Bristol, Manchester, Durham, York, Cardiff etc for your other choices, at least you then might get some offers.
Original post by McGinger
Applying to that many London Unis is risky - they are ludicrously competitive and you may not get an offer from any of them even with top grades. Btw, they are not 'better' than any other top Unis for Law - they just have the supposed glamour of being in London, hence the silly number of applications.

Two London choices is just about okay - but look at Unis like Bristol, Manchester, Durham, York, Cardiff etc for your other choices, at least you then might get some offers.

Yep, I shouldn't have applied to 4 London unis...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending