The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College London bad rep?

Having looked at student forums, I've found that there are countless detractors of King's College London. I'm going to be studying Law there, which I know is one of the more premier courses there and amongst the best law schools, yet the critiques of King's College is plenty in number. Is there a reason for this? I know it ranks highly, and should be one of the best universities a person can hope to go to, but forums would have you thinking otherwise.

Is it down to the administration issue last year where many students were left to be auto-rejected by UCAS, that people may remain bitter about?
Original post by Anonymous
Having looked at student forums, I've found that there are countless detractors of King's College London. I'm going to be studying Law there, which I know is one of the more premier courses there and amongst the best law schools, yet the critiques of King's College is plenty in number. Is there a reason for this? I know it ranks highly, and should be one of the best universities a person can hope to go to, but forums would have you thinking otherwise.

Is it down to the administration issue last year where many students were left to be auto-rejected by UCAS, that people may remain bitter about?

The "rejected by default" issue last year certainly damaged their reputation in many people's mind. Whether it's the primary cause of the "critiques of King's College" is difficult to say. Similarly, it's difficult to know how long people's memories will be if they manage to get things right this year.

You say, "Having looked at student forums, I've found that there are countless detractors of King's College London." Do these detractors not say why they have an issue with King's?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest