The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

war studies MA vs International relations at king college London?

How good is the war studies MA at king college London?

for context : I got some offers have received an offer for the online degree at King international relations & War MA. Pretty sure I will get accepted in the MA for War studies I also applied for the international relations MA. Also got accepted at Saint Andrew in strategic studies.

I’m considering ditching the Online MA to go in person at king college with the war studies MA (Did 3/4 of my BA online due to the pandemic) mainly for the internship opportunities and the experience but I feel most student that get job in defense, security or foreign affairs have picked other ma in the actual war studies department. Is it wise to change how good or bad is the War studies MA career prospect wise for like the ministry of defense/foreign affairs, think thank, NATO? I'm very interested in defense, security and foreign relation in general witch explain my pick for the online MA witch combine the two a bit but I'm split with maybe doing a poor academic pursue choice for the university experience/internship/society/visa that is offered in person. Advice would be extremely appreciated and If you feel like reaching please do I don’t know who to talk to…
Original post by Marc801
How good is the war studies MA at king college London?

for context : I got some offers have received an offer for the online degree at King international relations & War MA. Pretty sure I will get accepted in the MA for War studies I also applied for the international relations MA. Also got accepted at Saint Andrew in strategic studies.

I’m considering ditching the Online MA to go in person at king college with the war studies MA (Did 3/4 of my BA online due to the pandemic) mainly for the internship opportunities and the experience but I feel most student that get job in defense, security or foreign affairs have picked other ma in the actual war studies department. Is it wise to change how good or bad is the War studies MA career prospect wise for like the ministry of defense/foreign affairs, think thank, NATO? I'm very interested in defense, security and foreign relation in general witch explain my pick for the online MA witch combine the two a bit but I'm split with maybe doing a poor academic pursue choice for the university experience/internship/society/visa that is offered in person. Advice would be extremely appreciated and If you feel like reaching please do I don’t know who to talk to…

Which course did you pick? And how are you finding it?
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest