The Student Room Group

Dangerous driving

Why has almost everyone begun to speed, run red lights and put the lives of others at such high levels of risk? Even police on non urgent journeys doing over 30mph in 20 mph zones? A driving standards crises is firmly upon us. Why?
Reply 1
People simply do not care. I am a new driver and I have very similar concerns, I have nearly been in a few accidents simply because others were not paying attention or driving recklessly. It seems they just do not care, I am unsure why. I feel very unsafe when I am driving.
(edited 1 year ago)
fr when they overtake you as a learner that's going the speed limit lool bet they don't even get fined as well
Wouldn't it be a good idea if people who commit serious traffic violations, including dangerous driving, had to take extended driving tests at their own cost? Speeders should have a taste of prison, that may make our roads safer for pedestrians and motorists. Every time a speeding car flies past you it goes without saying that they have absolutely no respect for your life! Or the life of a child swiped away because someone thought it was ok to do 30mph in a 20mph zone! If you can't drive within the rules of driving then you shouldn't be on the road, you think you can drive but how very wrong such drivers are. Every new car should be fitted with a device that informs the authorities when a car speeds excessively or is driven dangerously. As a new driver it soon becomes evident that the roads are full of people who shouldn't be on it.
Original post by Raymondcarr
Why has almost everyone begun to speed, run red lights and put the lives of others at such high levels of risk? Even police on non urgent journeys doing over 30mph in 20 mph zones? A driving standards crises is firmly upon us. Why?

Begun? It's always happened.
People do 30mph in 20s because like 90% of people don't agree with the new speed limits that are coming into force. Some roads definitely need to be 20mph but they're making roads that don't even have pavements or people around, with no hazards and wide roads as 20mph and people disagree.
Original post by -Eirlys-
Begun? It's always happened.
People do 30mph in 20s because like 90% of people don't agree with the new speed limits that are coming into force. Some roads definitely need to be 20mph but they're making roads that don't even have pavements or people around, with no hazards and wide roads as 20mph and people disagree.

I agree.
There have always been idiot drivers on the roads. It may have got slightly worse, i dont know. But its always been there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending