The Student Room Group
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Exam Re-sit

Hi,
I'm a first year student.
I just wanted to know if i fail and took a re-sit exam, does that have any impact on my eligibility for a first class certification in the future? Does that have any negative impact at all?
Thanks
Original post by Priya030
Hi,
I'm a first year student.
I just wanted to know if i fail and took a re-sit exam, does that have any impact on my eligibility for a first class certification in the future? Does that have any negative impact at all?
Thanks

Hi @Priya030 :smile: Degrees are assessed differently depending on what you're studying. Most of the time your degree classification is determined by either your final year, or sometimes your final two years (3rd and 4th). This may vary for courses which are accredited however, and ultimately whether you'd be able to progress to those final years could depend on performance in previous years. Generally though, if you need to re-sit in first year and then do better in later years you could still achieve a first. It's just a question of how hard you're ready to work to get there :smartass:

I'd recommend reaching out to your academic advisor for clarification on this so they can explain to you how it works for your course. If you're not sure who that is drop me a PM and I can help you find that info.

- Caitlin :h:
Official University of Strathclyde Rep
Power Station Simulator, University of Strathclyde
University of Strathclyde

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending