The Student Room Group

Family is not allowing me to live in student halls

Hi,

I was thinking about moving into student halls in September for when I start a new course because this year I was living at home during my study and my family caused loads of issues for me, which has effected my mental health and study negatively. The uni I attend is in the same city I live in and unfortunately my dad and brother (Asian Muslim) are against me moving out to live in halls as my brother previously has and he “knows the stuff that happens”and my dad has separation issues. I am certain that if I stay at home I will not be able to continue my studies and live my life freely. How do I convince them to let me move out without cutting ties?

Thanks I’m advance for any help
This is the only life you have. It’s going to be tough but you just have to do it without asking and hope they understand. So many people live on campus and some go wild at uni, most people literally don’t - it depends on your values & who you are as a person.

It’s very odd for your parents to be this concerned about you living on campus. It’s an important experience. However, if the uni is in the same town then money wise I wouldn’t live in halls

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending