The Student Room Group

I feel ashamed of myself

I am a postgrad. I have some undergrad female friends. I often masturbate to their photos and fantasise about having sex with them. I have never dated and thus have literally zero knowledge of romantic love.

I feel ashamed of myself.
Reply 1
Well first off, masturbation is a very natural thing, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. As far as using your friends photos, if you feel incredibly ashamed you could try stopping, but many people masturbate to people they find attractive or have romantic or sexual feelings towards. Dating is a complicated thing, but I recommend taking that step. Try talking to someone you may be interested in, and just go from there! Invite them for coffee, or to a movie, and just hangout and get to know each other first.
Original post by Eva^
Well first off, masturbation is a very natural thing, and it’s nothing to be ashamed of. As far as using your friends photos, if you feel incredibly ashamed you could try stopping, but many people masturbate to people they find attractive or have romantic or sexual feelings towards. Dating is a complicated thing, but I recommend taking that step. Try talking to someone you may be interested in, and just go from there! Invite them for coffee, or to a movie, and just hangout and get to know each other first.

Yes, you are right.
Being sexually attracted to people and having a sex drive is normal - it's simply biology and not something to be ashamed of. If anything, not having sexual thoughts as a healthy, young adult would be more unusual.

Is dating something you are interested in?
Reply 4
Original post by black tea
Being sexually attracted to people and having a sex drive is normal - it's simply biology and not something to be ashamed of. If anything, not having sexual thoughts as a healthy, young adult would be more unusual.

Is dating something you are interested in?

I would if given the chance.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
I would if given the chance.

then give yourself a chance
Reply 6
then give yourself a chance

Hardly. I am not sociable.
Reply 7
Hardly. I am not sociable.

I guess you are not all that interested in dating then.
Reply 8
I guess you are not all that interested in dating then.

Why do you think so?
Why do you think so?

Because you are putting obstacles in your own way.
Reply 10
Original post by ageshallnot
Because you are putting obstacles in your own way.

How am I ?
How am I ?

See posts #5-8.
Reply 12
Why do you think so?

For the reason ageshallnot has mentioned...

Quick Reply

Latest