The Student Room Group

Non attendance in retake year

I am retaking my second year at univeristy (resitting all modules) and all is going well i am averaging 60-70% in all my modules however I work better in my own time so I have barely attended any classes. When the board offered me my retake year it said "retake modules with attendance". Is attendance actually required to progress on or will they be satisfied that I have passed all modules with good marks even with low attendance or will I end up failing because I did not attend?

Pls help
You need to speak to your academic department about this. You’ve put yourself in a vulnerable position by not fulfilling all the terms of the retake year.
Original post by Admit-One
You need to speak to your academic department about this. You’ve put yourself in a vulnerable position by not fulfilling all the terms of the retake year.

I wish I could. I’ve asked them so many things over 2 years and they only reply with “the progression board will make a decision we can’t get involved as academics” so everything ends up being a massive shock in August, weeks before the next year starts.
Original post by Anonymous
I wish I could. I’ve asked them so many things over 2 years and they only reply with “the progression board will make a decision we can’t get involved as academics” so everything ends up being a massive shock in August, weeks before the next year starts.

You shouldn’t be speaking to academic staff. Speak to the admin staff of your department, they’re responsible for monitoring and reporting attendance. You need to get clarification what your retake terms mean in terms of attendance % and what that sits at now.

I’d also speak to your SU to get some independent advice.
Original post by Admit-One
You shouldn’t be speaking to academic staff. Speak to the admin staff of your department, they’re responsible for monitoring and reporting attendance. You need to get clarification what your retake terms mean in terms of attendance % and what that sits at now.

I’d also speak to your SU to get some independent advice.

trying that now, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending