The Student Room Group

Retaking alevels as private canditate

Hey, I'm retaking Year 13 after I get my results, but for my housing benefits and stuff I need to be in full time study, does retaking at home as a private candidate not count? Do i need to attend college? My sixth form said they dont take retakes after year 13
(edited 8 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by sanwwio
Hey, I'm retaking Year 13 after I get my results, but for my housing benefits and stuff I need to be in full time study, does retaking at home as a private candidate not count? Do i need to attend college? My sixth form said they dont take retakes after year 13

I think when you are a private candidate, you are on your own. Anyone can sit an A-level but you have to pay the fee. 6th form colleges don't take year 14 as they don't get funding for it. However you might be able to be classed as a student at a higher education college and still do a-levels or something different all together. Good luck!
I sat my alevels as a private candidate through Tutors and Exams but I had to pay. Not cheap - £500 per exam basically. More if there are practicals.
I’m in this similar situation too and i can help. I can message you privately about it.

Original post by sanwwio

Quick Reply

Latest