The Student Room Group

Edexcel GCSE History Paper 1 (1HI0 10-13) - 18th May 2023 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
On the 12 marker it said "explain why there was improvements for access to medicine and treatments in the Modern period"

I really think i messed up because i read it as explain why there was improvements for access to medicine and why there was improvements for treatments.

Instead of, access to medicine AND treatments like other people did and i'm guessing how they intended it.

So many people in my school interpreted the question this way so i wrote 1 paragraph on access to healthcare and 2 on treatments.

That wording of the question was quite ambiguous and technically i was still right in my answer.

Do you think I'll get marked down or do you think the mark scheme will be lenient?
And did anyone do the same thing?
Original post by adam1234y
On the 12 marker it said "explain why there was improvements for access to medicine and treatments in the Modern period"

I really think i messed up because i read it as explain why there was improvements for access to medicine and why there was improvements for treatments.

Instead of, access to medicine AND treatments like other people did and i'm guessing how they intended it.

So many people in my school interpreted the question this way so i wrote 1 paragraph on access to healthcare and 2 on treatments.

That wording of the question was quite ambiguous and technically i was still right in my answer.

Do you think I'll get marked down or do you think the mark scheme will be lenient?
And did anyone do the same thing?

DONT WORRY MATE I DID THE SAME THING THEN I REALISED AT THE END I MESSED UP LOL because it said ACCESS. Also lots of people did the same thing in my school so maybe just maybe the exam board will be nice for just mentioning how it improved. Me personally i mentioned the NHS thankfully but didn't really answer the question as i didn't realise it was about access.
Reply 122
Original post by speedrunningGCSE
(Original post by Rushdis)I talked about avoidance in both of them. In medieval in Black Death people moved away from areas with a lots of cases and didn’t allow strangers into village similarly to how in modern we quarantine infected e.g Ebola, covid so they’re away from the healthy but idk if I’m right

I talked about how quarantine was performed during the bubonic plague and lockdown and isolation in the modern period in England due to covid 19

So glad im not the only one who put this. I have been stressing that i was wrong 😭
Reply 123
Original post by Rushdis
What did people write for the 12 marker I hated it so much I completely waffled. I talked about the NHS as a 3rd point but for the rest I just talked about things ppl would get for free at GP/hospitals e.g ultrasounds

I did NHS, and how people got free surgeries, GPs and how they got diagnosed quicker and vaccination campaigns of diptheria and polio for babies in the 1940s
Original post by aj.a2007
I did NHS, and how people got free surgeries, GPs and how they got diagnosed quicker and vaccination campaigns of diptheria and polio for babies in the 1940s

I wouldn't have talked about vaccinations as they are a prevention rather than a treatment
Original post by Omnibluey
Sydenham was really emphasised at my school so he was near the top of my list in terms of importance (near the top of middle tier) so while he's no Pasteur he is more important than snow or semmelweiß

Ur school is great. Ask most people in our school about Sydenham and they probably only know Vesalius and Harvey😭 Good for u
Reply 126
Original post by Billmikestro
I wouldn't have talked about vaccinations as they are a prevention rather than a treatment

It is included in care by government, to prevent disease so its a 2 in one. I did extra revision on polio and government campaigns and it was about access to healthcare, therefore it showed that government began to support the poor by providing vaccination care
Reply 127
Original post by randomstudentlol
Ur school is great. Ask most people in our school about Sydenham and they probably only know Vesalius and Harvey😭 Good for u

Yeah although my school mentioned Harvey only about 3 times so noone knows anything about him at my school. Just different emphasis in the curriculum
Reply 128
Original post by ammyke
edexcel gave the wrong date for observations medicae but other than that sooo real i did vesalius and harvey for my other paragraphs and talked about how vesalius inspired them both

yo thats cold icl
Reply 129
Original post by reo420
Does anyone have predictions for USA (The USA, 1954–75) and for Germany (Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39)? I would really appreciate it!

pretty certain germany will be on something to do with the churches, becuase it hasnt come up be4
Original post by RyomenSukuna
yep how did ur exam go mine went terrible

ohh mine was quite well actually except that 12 marker tbh i kinda waffled. did u find it hard? im sure its ok as long as you tried your best
Reply 131
Original post by reo420
Does anyone have predictions for USA (The USA, 1954–75) and for Germany (Weimar and Nazi Germany, 1918–39)? I would really appreciate it!

what came up? would be helpful to practice x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending