The Student Room Group

Dofe bronze/silver help!!!

Hi I have some questions if you happen to know please help 🙏
1.what are the best places to volunteer
2.do you have to do 6 months on a section or can you kinda lie abt it like only do 5months
3.can you do your expidition before you finish the skills volunteering and physical?
4 for silver do you have to the 3,3,6 months again or is it longer?
Hi there!
I've just completed my gold and silver dofe and I intend to do gold next year

1. I'd recommend local charity shops, libraries, maybe at clubs in your school. Staff are generally friendly in these kind of places so just ask around. I did mine both times in the same charity shop

2. Your meant to do like an hour a week but I didn't do it some weeks and other weeks I'd do 2-3 hours so overall it was approximately 6 months. It is quite flexible, however if your not able to commit to doing 6 months worth of work then I don't think silver or gold are for you as it's quite time consuming

3. Yes, I did my expedition before other sections and it was absolutely fine. Just make sure you get it all signed off afterwards

4. Bronze: 3,3,6 months
Silver: 6,6,3 months
Pretty sure gold is 12,6,6 months

Hope this helps x
Original post by Caotica
Hi there!
I've just completed my gold and silver dofe and I intend to do gold next year

1. I'd recommend local charity shops, libraries, maybe at clubs in your school. Staff are generally friendly in these kind of places so just ask around. I did mine both times in the same charity shop

2. Your meant to do like an hour a week but I didn't do it some weeks and other weeks I'd do 2-3 hours so overall it was approximately 6 months. It is quite flexible, however if your not able to commit to doing 6 months worth of work then I don't think silver or gold are for you as it's quite time consuming

3. Yes, I did my expedition before other sections and it was absolutely fine. Just make sure you get it all signed off afterwards

4. Bronze: 3,3,6 months
Silver: 6,6,3 months
Pretty sure gold is 12,6,6 months

Hope this helps x

Yeses thank you it did help one thing my physical
Is 30 mins a week but I've been doing it for rlly ling also I heard you can backtrack a section by up to three months so if you been volunteering for 2 months you can backtrack is that tru?
I'm not entirely sure on that one so probably best to ask your dofe leader/assessor but tbh as long as you have proof you've done it and can get someone legitimate to sign it off, you'll be fine

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending