The Student Room Group

Caledonian or UWS?

Hi.. I’ve been lucky enough to get two offers for BSc Adult Nursing at both Caledonian and UWS. I’m having trouble deciding which would be best for me. I’m a mature student with two young children so not really interested in the social side. Would love to hear about people’s experiences at both universities with regards to their course content, support they’ve received and overall experience with their studies. Even if it’s not nursing you’ve studied yourself, I just want to get as much info as possible so I can make the best decision. Thanks so much.
Original post by Susie1604
Hi.. I’ve been lucky enough to get two offers for BSc Adult Nursing at both Caledonian and UWS. I’m having trouble deciding which would be best for me. I’m a mature student with two young children so not really interested in the social side. Would love to hear about people’s experiences at both universities with regards to their course content, support they’ve received and overall experience with their studies. Even if it’s not nursing you’ve studied yourself, I just want to get as much info as possible so I can make the best decision. Thanks so much.

Hi

Well done for getting the two offers for adult nursing with Glasgow Caledonian university and University West of Scotland.

Depending on where you are travelling from within the Glasgow area then decide which one is more convenient for you to attend easily.
It doesn't really matter which university you go to as the main thing is that you qualify as a adult nurse, they all teach you the same coursework but it's how you are taught it is the only difference. You'll be under NHS greater Glasgow throughout your studying as placements will be within this area unless you are asked to perhaps do a placement outside of GG&C due to how placements are allocated.

I am from the Glasgow area and although I studied my midwifery degree in Edinburgh I never regretted it.
I work with the Greater Glasgow and Clyde health board after working with NHS Lothian for about 15 after qualifying as a midwife as I was always wanting to work within my own city of Glasgow.

Best wishes

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending