The Student Room Group

Postgraduate Certificate of Education (PGCE) - Student Finance

I am due to complete my 4 years Spanish Language degree in June this year and have just secured a place on a PGCE course at a different Uni. I understand from the Govt website that I can apply for student finance and should apply through the Undergraduate option in the Student Finance portal. My question is given that I am starting a brand new PGCE course after completing my Spanish degree should I apply as a continuing student or a new student given that I already have a student finance loan?
Original post by lloydd1967
I am due to complete my 4 years Spanish Language degree in June this year and have just secured a place on a PGCE course at a different Uni. I understand from the Govt website that I can apply for student finance and should apply through the Undergraduate option in the Student Finance portal. My question is given that I am starting a brand new PGCE course after completing my Spanish degree should I apply as a continuing student or a new student given that I already have a student finance loan?

Hi @lloydd1967

I would suggest for you to give the Student Finance a call (https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england) - you will need to answer some questions so they can direct you to the best contact, but you can also call on 0300 100 0607 (this number will appear after you've selected the answers). I have called them before and I'd suggest you call as early as possible as there tends to be a queue.

I hope this helps!

Best wishes
Elena
Keele University
Original post by lloydd1967

Hi there, you would apply as a new, undergraduate student as it is a new course at a new university following completing a degree. Thanks, Karen

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending