The Student Room Group

Postgraduate

I'm doing a postgraduate course pgce in primary education. Stupidly went the university instead of skitts rought and finding the pgce part let's just day I will not get to level 7 to pass.Can I still pass the qts part if flunk the pgce part ?
Original post by Starbrook
I'm doing a postgraduate course pgce in primary education. Stupidly went the university instead of skitts rought and finding the pgce part let's just day I will not get to level 7 to pass.Can I still pass the qts part if flunk the pgce part ?

This is way too early to assess whether or not you can achieve the qualification aspect of the PGCE
Talk to the university tutor now about how you are feeling and how you can get support.
Technically, you can get QTS without a PGCE, and you can get a PGCE without QTS, but the optimal solution is to finish the course with both.
Reply 2
At most universities, you can also come away with a level 6 and QTS - a Professional Certificate in Education. As @04MR17 said, it is very early to judge whether or not you'll get there, you won't have finished learning everything you will need to complete your assignments. Talk to your course leader/academic advisor for help - it's what they're there for :smile:
Reply 3
Half of our cohort got level 6, those who barely attended passed. But as a person who worked so hard, got Level 7 , I can tell you only one thing -RUN! Run, don’t do it, the system is rotten to the core, the Uni will not support you at all
Original post by pplkj
Half of our cohort got level 6, those who barely attended passed. But as a person who worked so hard, got Level 7 , I can tell you only one thing -RUN! Run, don’t do it, the system is rotten to the core, the Uni will not support you at all

This depends very heavily on the university.
Mine was extremely supportive and granted me several extensions on assignments, and reduced my teaching timetable when I wasn't coping.

It helped that I'd just been in a coma, so had very tangible reasons for this though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending