The Student Room Group

Postgraduate funding student finance

Hi, I started doing a masters course earlier this year with kings college London which I have received my first student finance payment for and payed the university however after completing the first module I no longer wish to carry on with my studies. I have decided that I want to do a different MSc with another university. Will I still be eligible for a postgraduate student finance loan for the new course?
Original post by Jezc01
Hi, I started doing a masters course earlier this year with kings college London which I have received my first student finance payment for and payed the university however after completing the first module I no longer wish to carry on with my studies. I have decided that I want to do a different MSc with another university. Will I still be eligible for a postgraduate student finance loan for the new course?

Hi Jez,

What is the course you're now looking to study? Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Jason
Hi Jez,
What is the course you're now looking to study? Thanks, Jason

MSc psychological Research methods with advanced statistics
Original post by Jezc01
MSc psychological Research methods with advanced statistics

Thanks. If you've already studied a postgraduate course before you're not eligible for funding for another degree unless you withdrew due to reasons outwith your control. There are exception routes such as postgraduate healthcare or PGCE courses. Thanks, Jason
Reply 4
Original post by SFE Jason
Thanks. If you've already studied a postgraduate course before you're not eligible for funding for another degree unless you withdrew due to reasons outwith your control. There are exception routes such as postgraduate healthcare or PGCE courses. Thanks, Jason

Hi Jason, thanks for your response. Does this still apply even though I only studied the first module before dropping out of studies? Jess.
Original post by Jezc01
Hi Jason, thanks for your response. Does this still apply even though I only studied the first module before dropping out of studies? Jess.

Yes, if you've enrolled this would be classed as a previous year even if you've not studied the full year. Thanks, Jason

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending