The Student Room Group

Job Application Follow Up?

I've applied for a role that I'm really passionate about - and since I've made over 100 job applications I really want this to go well. The advert closes at the start of May, but they specified that they're reviewing applications before that point. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to improve my chances of landing this role - perhaps emailing the recruiting team?
Original post by Rugbyside
I've applied for a role that I'm really passionate about - and since I've made over 100 job applications I really want this to go well. The advert closes at the start of May, but they specified that they're reviewing applications before that point. I was wondering if there was anything I could do to improve my chances of landing this role - perhaps emailing the recruiting team?

No, once you've submitted the application, that's it, you're done.

If you are really keen on an application and want to make a good impression, then, having read the job description in detail, phone the recruiter up and ask about 3 sensible questions about the job. So nothing about money or conditions, but about what the employers priorities are, are there any specific projects in the first 6 months, is it a new role or like-for-like replacement etc. A good phone call will leave a positive impression, but conversely, a poor call will leave a poor impression.

Other than that, once you've sent the application, you have to wait until at least a week after the deadline before following up.
Original post by Rugbyside

Hi @Rugbyside [br] Personally, i would request feedback on your CV and application. This way, it shows the employer that you are serious about the job role and could posiitvely influence their decision. I hope you get it! - However, If things dont turn out as you wish, recieiving feedback will then give you the chance to adapt your cv or search for the experience they were looking for. For example, I applied for a job as a psychology researcher a few weeks ago and the feedback i recieved was that data collection was not on my cv. Apart from that my application was great. If i had not requested feedback, I would not have known what could have really boosted my cv and got me the position.
Just an idea!
Hope this helps :smile:
- Laura

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending