The Student Room Group

Tesco right to work problem

I recently applied for a job at Tesco's for to work as a Tesco colleague. When I try to do the check I get the message " You have already initiated your right to work, please ensure you have followed the instructions in the email." What does this mean? I have done the right to work check for a previous job application at Tesco which was unsuccessful.
Reply 1
Original post by Venom765
I recently applied for a job at Tesco's for to work as a Tesco colleague. When I try to do the check I get the message " You have already initiated your right to work, please ensure you have followed the instructions in the email." What does this mean? I have done the right to work check for a previous job application at Tesco which was unsuccessful.

You'll just have to follow the instructions given to you in the email.

Although you previously submitted the information about works to right they obviously requested it again just because probably it's another job application you done.

I know the system should automatically see that you have already done it but it is how things are.

You could possibly contact them about it and see what they say about whether you should resubmit the required information.
Reply 2
Original post by Tracey_W
You'll just have to follow the instructions given to you in the email.

Although you previously submitted the information about works to right they obviously requested it again just because probably it's another job application you done.

I know the system should automatically see that you have already done it but it is how things are.

You could possibly contact them about it and see what they say about whether you should resubmit the required information.

There are no other instructions in the email. It just says to complete the right to work check and then when I try to do it the message pops up and I can't do the right to work check. Should I just assume that my right to work check is done because I did it in a previous job application at Tesco's which was unsuccessful?
Reply 3
Original post by Venom765
There are no other instructions in the email. It just says to complete the right to work check and then when I try to do it the message pops up and I can't do the right to work check. Should I just assume that my right to work check is done because I did it in a previous job application at Tesco's which was unsuccessful?

Apologies for late response

Oh 😱 I see that you said no other instructions except for to do your right to work check... It's possible that your previous right to work check is taken into consideration from your previous application.

I would suggest that you should perhaps contact the store manager or if you were given a contract number for them and ask them to clarify things for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending