The Student Room Group

NHS Learning Support Training Grant

Hi,

I have applied to go back to university after completing my MSc Sports Therapy degree to do another masters the MSc Physiotherapy degree. I’m no longer eligible for student finance due to studying my first masters and have noticed that this is a stumbling block in being eligible for the NHS learning support training grant. I will be self funding the physiotherapy MSc and if I’m being honest without the training grant I probably won’t do it as that’s what was going to help me live during the year. Does anyone know if there’s anything I can do to still get the training grant? I know that for students in paramedicine they are still able to apply for a training grant even after doing a equiv degree and not being eligible, is this possible for me also?

Many thanks for the help.
Hi there,

You normally wouldn't be eligible for SFE funding as you hold an equal level qualification or higher. There are exceptions to previous study via undergraduate funding however, if you were to attend a Postgraduate Healthcare course that attracts undergraduate funding. If you are able to confirm the name of the university and course information, we can check to see if you would be eligible under this exception.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi there,

You normally wouldn't be eligible for SFE funding as you hold an equal level qualification or higher. There are exceptions to previous study via undergraduate funding however, if you were to attend a Postgraduate Healthcare course that attracts undergraduate funding. If you are able to confirm the name of the university and course information, we can check to see if you would be eligible under this exception.

Thanks, Clare

Hi Clare, it’s Anglia Ruskin university and the MSc Pre-Reg Physiotherapy 2 year course.
Hi tomneateson,

Thank you for confirming. If it is the Postgraduate Healthcare course and not the stand alone masters, then you are entitled to full undergraduate support as we will disregard your previous study.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 4
Hi Clare,

How am I able to find out is it is the healthcare course and not the stand alone masters? Many thanks, Tom.
Hi tomneateson,

If you are not sure of which course it is, it would be best to ask the university.

Thanks, Clare
Original post by tomneateson
Hi Clare,

How am I able to find out is it is the healthcare course and not the stand alone masters? Many thanks, Tom.

It is usually masters courses that have 'pre registration' in the title that attract undergraduate funding, but do check with your uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending