The Student Room Group
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website

Family accommodation Swansea

Hi,
I am starting an ODP degree atvswansea university and relocating with my 2 children primary school age. Which areas are best for family accommodation where there is good schools and easy to commute to Uni. I live in London and looking forward to the change.

Thanks
Original post by Sekai1981
Hi,
I am starting an ODP degree atvswansea university and relocating with my 2 children primary school age. Which areas are best for family accommodation where there is good schools and easy to commute to Uni. I live in London and looking forward to the change.

Thanks

Hi @Sekai1981 - I hope all is well and thanks for reaching out. Great to hear you'll be joining us at Swansea Uni soon.

If you're looking for family accommodation options, it's worth exploring private housing providers across the city, as University managed family accommodation options are limited at the moment. Have a look at our webpages on Accommodation options, which includes all residences managed by Swansea Uni, as well as providers based off-campus https://www.swansea.ac.uk/accommodation/. We also have a 'StudentPad' online search tool that might help when researching locations and availability.

We also have some guidance on local schools, which is aimed towards international students but still useful for any parents relocating to the Swansea area https://www.swansea.ac.uk/international-campuslife/pre-arrival-information/guide-for-families/schools/#bbq=on.

Feel free to send us a private message if you need any more specific guidance on accommodation or school options. Wishing you the best of luck for the future.

Gethin (Future Students Team)
Medicine at Swansea University
Swansea University
Visit website
What ages are the children. Where will you be based. How much are you intending paying for rent/ to buy a house. The most popular school is Olchfa but it is over subscribed so you are unlikely to get in there. Their catchment area is Killay, Tycoch, Upper Killay and parts of Sketty and Dunvant. This is fairly close to the university but is amongst the most expensive areas in Swansea and several miles from Morriston Hospital if you will be based there.
Reply 3
Original post by swanseajack1
What ages are the children. Where will you be based. How much are you intending paying for rent/ to buy a house. The most popular school is Olchfa but it is over subscribed so you are unlikely to get in there. Their catchment area is Killay, Tycoch, Upper Killay and parts of Sketty and Dunvant. This is fairly close to the university but is amongst the most expensive areas in Swansea and several miles from Morriston Hospital if you will be based there.

Hi, the ages are 4 years, so he should start reception in September 2023. The other is 2 years so will be going to nursery. I have put her on the waiting list for Singleton nursery and the Students union nursery.
I will definitely have a look at accommodation at those areas you mentioned. Thank you
Original post by Sekai1981
Hi, the ages are 4 years, so he should start reception in September 2023. The other is 2 years so will be going to nursery. I have put her on the waiting list for Singleton nursery and the Students union nursery.
I will definitely have a look at accommodation at those areas you mentioned. Thank you

Probably schools at that age wont matter so much. Most schools are taking children at that age often for 1/2 days,

Quick Reply

Latest