The Student Room Group

Uni in central London travel

Is it worth getting a car if im going to be in central london for uni ? I recently passed and I don’t want to forget how to drive
Reply 1
I would say no. I drive in central a lot but I live in greater London and unless your uni provides you with parking - don't. you will spend a BOMB on parking. Also the public transport is amazing, bus or tube. It is expensive but cheaper than paying for parking. If you were to be eligible for a permit it would be helpful too, or say you have a blue badge. But you'll still be draining your money on parking.
No, absolutely not.
Nyet.
Original post by lookingatthesun
Is it worth getting a car if im going to be in central london for uni ? I recently passed and I don’t want to forget how to drive

I wouldnt.
It will cost a hell of a lot in parking and will be a nightmare to drive round central london (being a new driver, especially one who is not from london i can imagine it being worse). Plus you would need a car that is ULEZ compliant.
There is a lot of good public transport round central london. And london in general (e.g. bus, tubs, train etc).
When you come to drive you may be a bit rusty, but it will soon come back to you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending