The Student Room Group

Grade boundaries 2023 GCSE

Has like anyone predicted what the grade boundaries for the 2023 exams could be?
My teachers seem to have mixed opinions. For subjects like physics, they think the grade boundaries will be a bit high due to having the full equation sheet however it could also mean the test could be harder. If the maths Igcse paper is anything like last year the grade boundaries should be fairly low as the test was difficult. Just know the harder the paper the more likely the grade boundaries are lower. I can't personally speak for the rest of our year group but so it ultimately depends if we find everything hard and do really badly or if we are a class of clever clogs. The grade boundaries should be similar to those from 2019 but ultimately well just have to wait and see.

IDK if that helped I'm also doing my GCSEs this year but that's kinda what i gathered :smile:
When people guess grade boundaries they are wrong far more often then they are anywhere near right. Especially when they haven't even seen how difficult the papers are yet.

The examinations regulator for GCSE in England has said they want to see exam grading return to the standards that existed before the pandemic so badly affected everything. This means they are expecting to see the pattern of grades awarded to students to be similar to those seen in 2019 and before. This will be different to 2020-2022 where a much greater proportion of students passed and were awarded top grades either through teacher assessment or lenient grade boundaries than would be seen in a usual year.

This summer, all grade boundaries will be set in the normal way after exams are marked and analysed. They may be similar to, higher than or lower than those seen in 2019. It will depend on how hard the exams are and whether regulators are right or wrong about how well prepared most candidates are this year. It will be different depending on which subject and which examiner you look at. All you can do is revise well, do your best and see what that earns you in the August results.

https://www.gov.uk/government/speeches/grading-exams-and-assessments-in-summer-2023-and-autumn-2022
(edited 1 year ago)

Quick Reply

Latest