The Student Room Group

Question about my potential overall cumulative GCSE grades

If I add all my predicted grades up, is a cumulative score of 68 good?
Original post by propergoodman
If I add all my predicted grades up, is a cumulative score of 68 good?

How many GCSEs is that? Because cumulative scores aren’t usually looked at. People usually just look at APS.
E.g. My cumulative score was 69 but my APS was 6.9 because I did 10 GCSEs.
Reply 2
Original post by JA03
How many GCSEs is that? Because cumulative scores aren’t usually looked at. People 8usually just look at APS.
E.g. My cumulative score was 69 but my APS was 6.9 because I did 10 GCSEs.

That is 9 GCSE's:
Predicted:
Maths - 8
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Combined Science - 9,8
Geography - 8
History - 7
Business Studies - 9
Computer Science - 6

Hope this helps :smile: Thanks in advance :smile:
That is 9 GCSE's:
Predicted:
Maths - 8
English Language - 7
English Literature - 6
Combined Science - 9,8
Geography - 8
History - 7
Business Studies - 9
Computer Science - 6

Hope this helps :smile: Thanks in advance :smile:

Your average GCSE grade is used for projected grades at A-level, it isn't really fair having a cumulative one as some people do as many as 13 GCSEs whereas others only do 7 or 8.
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
Your average GCSE grade is used for projected grades at A-level, it isn't really fair having a cumulative one as some people do as many as 13 GCSEs whereas others only do 7 or 8.

So what would be my average and projected for A-Level ? :smile:
So what would be my average and projected for A-Level ? :smile:

estimated grade for A-level is worked out by a computer after you have your GCSE grades so I can't tell you because I don't know specifically how it works. Your average grade at the moment if you got those grades would be 7.6
Reply 6
estimated grade for A-level is worked out by a computer after you have your GCSE grades so I can't tell you because I don't know specifically how it works. Your average grade at the moment if you got those grades would be 7.6

Can I find out the website that predicts my A-Level grades?
Reply 7

Is an average of 7.6 good?
Reply 8
Can I find out the website that predicts my A-Level grades?

No, and it's unreliable anyway. https://www.cem.org/alis

Are they enough to get you into the sixth form?
Reply 9
Original post by Muttley79
No, and it's unreliable anyway. https://www.cem.org/alis

Are they enough to get you into the sixth form?

Yes, way more than enough. I need a 7 in maths with 4's in 4 subjects including English as a minimum.
Reply 10
Yes, way more than enough. I need a 7 in maths with 4's in 4 subjects including English as a minimum.

That's incredibly low - is this the school you go to? Are their A level results good with such low requirements?
That's incredibly low - is this the school you go to? Are their A level results good with such low requirements?

The average grade is very high C or very low B.
Reply 12
The average grade is very high C or very low B.

That's not that great ...

Its a main stream school... I have grades to go to a prestigious grammar school next to it which needed a cumulative score of 50 and I'm getting 56.

What is it at your school are you are a maths teacher, is it a main stream school or private?
Reply 15
Its a main stream school... I have grades to go to a prestigious grammar school next to it which needed a cumulative score of 50 and I'm getting 56.

If you are changing school check the over-subscription rules - what happens if too many get 50?
Reply 16
What is it at your school are you are a maths teacher, is it a main stream school or private?

State ...

Quick Reply

Latest